The history of this practice is traceable to the 1850's when Dr Robertson arrived from northern England. He married into a local family and started practicing from 41 Station Road. All home visits were done by horseback. The practice had one move to No 33, moving to the current premises in 1947.
The surgery building was extensively modernised and extended in 1986, 1997 and 2005, giving us the current configuration of the Practice.
We currently have 6 GP partners
We also have ST1 and ST3 trainee GP's, a health care support worker (HCSW) a Practice Nurse, an Advanced Nurse Practioner (ANP) and a trainee ANP
We are supported further by our Advanced Physiotherapist, Our Chaplain, our District Nurses and a Wellbeing worker.